Often, people neglect cleaning their disk drives because of pure laziness and irresponsibility. The fact is, without regular maintenance, your machine is going to keep acting up and become slow by the day! There are simple things you can do to keep your computer free of spyware and running at the speed you desire. Here are a few tips on how to remove spyware and other malware and to a disk cleanup!
To perform a disk cleanup:
- Click on the START button on the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
- Go and click on MY COMPUTER to see your drives.
- Right click on your LOCAL drive, usually the C drive.
- Select PROPERTIES from the drop down menu.
- You will see a button that says DISK CLEANUP, click it.
- Finish the cleanup and restart your machine!
After performing a disk cleanup, the smartest thing to do would be install protective software!
There are many free programs out there, but they just won’t cut it! The problem with free spyware software is they do not take every precaution to secure your computer because they have no reason to! Maybe they are doing it for advertising purposes, but definitely not to actually help people out.
What you need to do is:
- Find a review site that lists several spyware cleaning programs
- See which ones appeal to you and seem to have what you are looking for.
- REMEMBER, updated definitions are very important, make sure they have up to date listings!
- Make sure the site is reliable; McAfee secured is usually a good sign!
- Take advantage of the FREE SCANS! This will tell you if they are able to find the files infected with spyware, adware, or other malware!
The next step is to find a reliable review site!